Monday, October 20, 2008

Taco Cornbread Pizza

Like most families, I am always in search of new, quick and easy recipes. I stumbled upon the recipe for taco cornbread pizza a couple of years ago, and just recently found it again when searching my hard drive. Essentially, it is taco pizza with a cornbread crust. This sounded interesting to me and certain worth a try. What I wasn't expecting was how really good it was. The cornbread makes a wonderful crust. You could use any type of taco filling. The seasoned beef worked well. Another good thing about this dish is that you can get away with using less cheese than on a traditional pizza.

Here is a picture of the finished crust.



Here's a picture of the finished pizza.



This dish was so filling. 1 or 2 pieces was more than enough for everyone, even our big eaters. The recipe is listed below. When I made it, I used a mexican cheese blend instead of strictly cheddar. When I make it again, the only change would be that I would make the taco meat a little saucier. But otherwise, this one is a keeper! Note: I doubled the recipe when making the above-pizza.




Taco Cornbread Pizza

Ingredients:
1 (8.5 ounce) package corn muffin mix
1 pound ground beef
1 package taco mix
1 package shredded Cheddar, divided

Directions: Prepare corn muffin mix as directed on the package. Spread batter into a 12-inch pizza pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. Brown meat; drain. Stir taco seasoning into the meat. Sprinkle half the cheese over baked crust. Top with meat mixture and remaining cheese. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve with lettuce, onions, black olives, tomatoes and salsa or hot sauce. Serves 8.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Oh that looks YUMMY! Going to have to try to it soon. Thanks

MotherToMany said...

I so want to try this one soon.

SouthernMom said...

We tried this today!! Yummy!! I used venison stew meat cooked in the crockpot. NO complaints!